Skip to main content
My Dad is calling the baby Roz (short for Rozwell), he says the baby looks like an alien. I sure hope not, I don't recall being abducted by aliens... at least not around the beginning of December. Anyone know the gestational rate of alien babies? Jon came back from the Tour of the Gila in nearly one piece, though his bike did not fare quite so well. Ever seen the inside of a carbon fork? It's very sparkly. Jon came away with some sprained ribs. Apparently he crashed coming off a steep descent on the final "Gila Monster" stage and landed, back-first, on a rock. Owwwuch. Today he rode his bike outdoors for the first time since the crash, so he's definitely on the upswing. Mother's Day I had breakfast in bed and then hung out with the family. We made a failed bid to go up to Brainerd Lake (weather turned nasty) and instead picnicked on Boulder Creek. Jon gave me a gift certificate to Paper Doll and Leah gave me a statuette of a pregnant lady that doesn't have a double chin (see above photo). It was the perfect Mother's Day. The baby continues to be an active little kicker, he's almost big enough to kick my ribs; luckily mine aren't sprained. The 2nd trimester ends this week and we have a busy 3rd trimester planned so far. I'm going to Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas (home to Janis Joplin and Jimmy Johnson) next week for work. Then it is off to Durango for Memorial Day weekend with the family. After that, we've got the Tour of Nevada City out in California and a baby shower in Stockton the following weekend (after Jon and the VC gang wrap up the Tour de Nez in Reno/Tahoe). Leah's going out of town by herself for most of July and will come back with Grandma Robbin and cousin Desi on August 12. By then I'll be as big as house!

Comments

Mr. Pooks said…
I don't see a double chin anywhere.
Pooks said…
Is there such thing as double cheeks?