Skip to main content

Cheesy Picture Taking

This is the cheese and sausage shop I mentioned in a previous post. As you can see the shop has quite a selection and the owner/operator will offer delicious recommendations if you tell her what you would like to use the cheese for. I asked for a good cheese to eat with red wine and she gave me the best goat's milk cheese I'd ever had. It was a hard cheese with a complex yet non-stinky flavor.

The startled man in the pic was surprised when I popped through the door and snapped a photo (flash and all). But this is part of living in Brugge; everything looks like it came out of a storybook and the tourists outnumber the locals 5 to 1. The inevitable shutter-bugging and rubber-necking ensues. Today a woman stopped her car next to me and asked for directions. Later a man asked me to take his picture. A strangely dressed and very heavy British family passed me on the street, the mom exclaiming she needed a mini skirt after surveying the attire of size 0 mannequins in the shop window.

It is all a lot of fun and I seem to bounce from tourist-pooks to resident-pooks on a hourly basis.

Comments

robbin said…
Cyndi, you are so good at blogging. We're all living vicariously thru you until we get there.
Love,
Mom