Skip to main content

In My House There Are Many Rooms

Ménerbes

Yesterday we bid farewell to Casa Brujas and spent the last 2 days driving through France. We are now just shy of the Mediterranean coast in the Provencal hilltop village of Ménerbes. This is our alternative the the Venice/Greece trip that was to include Cyclocross World Championships.

We couldn't be more pleased! Even if you disregard the fact that it is warm and sunny, it smells like lavender, we are close to Marseilles, Nice, and Monaco and we can see Mont Ventoux there is still the matter of the house. It is c-o-o-l. The story: I wanted to rent half of this house but the owner seemed to think it would be hard to access the top half's front door with children, strollers, etc. So he gave us the bottom half for free! We all have our own rooms (plus much to spare) with full run of this ancient 5 story house with cave-like stairwells, exterior wooden shutters, and beautiful views out all the windows! Somewhere there is an old beehive stone oven but I haven't found it yet.

If anyone wants to visit, you are welcome! Especially certain Elder Bakers that are still In Country. Or should I say Near Country. If I can drag myself out to the minivan for my camera, maybe I'll actually take some pictures.

Comments

BigChunkySoul said…
That sounds like my dream house! Too many rooms to count, nooks and crannies, and groovy old things around every corner...

All is well here. Maggie is going to drive me insane if she doesn't stop pooping on the bathroom floor (at least it's the bathroom!) and tipping over her water bowl, but she's letting me pet her now so I can't be too mad. Cats are still separated...I'm not risking it. They like to stick their paws under the door at each other, which is pretty funny...

Hope Jon is doing better...enjoy the sunshine for me (it's freakin COLD here)!

Cyn
Pooks said…
That is why you should never get a designer cat from a kennel (or take your friend's cat). Whoops, did I just type that?

Thanks a bizillion for your help with the kitties!!!!!
Mimi said…
We will be in Florence until 2/6. Ménerbes looks lovely but a little off our usual railway path. Maybe when we are going to or from Spain we can find the bus that goes to your little town and check it out. See you in the states this summer. The Elder Bakers