Skip to main content

Clif Shot Retires to Comfy Life as a Cruiser Bike

After 5 years of diligent service and 2 more of semi-retirement, Clif Shot (aka my old mountain bike) has officially retired from mountain biking into a quiet life as a cruiser bike.

Clif's career highlights include 2 collegiate national championships, a podium in the Sea Otter Hardtail Downhill, and a trip off a 40 ft cliff (in which he came away unscathed and earned his nickname of Clif Shot).

Since 2005, when I purchased my Specialized S-Works FSR, Clif has largely hung around the shed and was occasionally ridden by out-of-town guests such as Dad and my friend Nicole.

The official retirement took place last night when I put on new handle-bars, pedals and slick tires, as well as a comfort saddle and a basket. Mr. Shot and I celebrated retirement today with a trip onto U-Hill.

Comments

Mimi said…
Nice transformation of Clif Shot and Pooks.
robbin said…
Finally, my kind of bike! :>)
foresterfrank said…
A cruiser?? I still see gears. Cruisers are shiftless!
Pooks said…
You tow a 60 pound trailer up hill without gears and you have a push bike.