Skip to main content

Frisco Cross day 1

Posted by Mr Pooks.

I'm up I'm Frisco with the family for a weekend of high altitude
'cross racing. Today did not dissapoint in the weather departement,
with a nice cold rain starting up just as the race began. Paco from
Velonews had a blistering start on the opening uphill, while I settled
into the chase groups trying to shake the cobwebbs from my legs. A
few laps later, it was just me and Paco after the guy from Mafia
crashed himself out of the lead group trying to bunny hop the triple
log barriers; amazingly, he did this two laps in a row! Halfway in,
the legs started to come around, and I went to the front, managing to
get a gap through a technical section. Though I kept telling mysrlf to
ride safe in the last few laps, I still managed to slide out on a
rough corner, but my gap was big enough to hold on for the win.

Looks like tomorrow will bring some snow; unfortunately, it sounds
like Paco may boycott the race due to the shockingly low prize money
put up by the organizers. I'll admit I was pretty bummed at the $40 I
made for the win, considering their take was over 6g's. Throw us a
bone guys! I'm putting all my winnings towards my Belgium campaign;
making 3 or 4 hundred each weekend would go a long way in making that
happen.

Comments

Bill said…
Jon,

If you're in town on October 18th race the Blue Sky Velo Cross race at Xilinx. SM Open prize list includes $350 cash for 1st, $200 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd. We promise we'll save you a brawt this time! Great racing this w/e.

Bill
Mr. Pooks said…
I bummed I'm going to miss your race. I'm out in delaware/ philly for a couple uci races that weekend; I need some points too! On positive note, the frisco organizers doubled the prize money on day 2 after some pursuation from yours truly.
Kurt P. said…
40.00 bucks!! Dude I made 15 dollars more than that for 10th in Elite Masters in New England!!

that is pathetic.