Skip to main content

Terraforming On the Cheap

This is my front yard, no jokes please. Ok, if you must.

I wanted a path here and so I began looking for stone. Then my friend Lina saved the day by giving me a path's worth of stone for FREE. She and her husband own a landscaping company, Urban Oasis Design.


The new path, below. I laid it myself which was no small feat of shoveling and moving rocks around. The landscape lights are these solar powered, dark activated thingies I got for 20 bucks on Amazon. I hope they last.


I plan to line the border with some flowering, drought-resistant plants and splice in some of the creeping thyme from my other flagstone path in the crevices.

It has been a good late-winter/early-spring for outdoor projects here in Boulder!

Comments

DUTA said…
I like it. Very cute path. And solar lights are 'the last cry'.
foresterfrank said…
Hopfully no miscreant steals the solar lights
Pooks said…
They'd probably steal the neighbor's high-dollar ones first- mine were $4 each.
robbin said…
Looks better than our new paths made by professionals!!