Skip to main content

Whipped Cream and Memorial Day Pancakes- Light on the Syrup please.

This Memorial Day we went to a series of things at people's houses. First was the Bolder Boulder viewing party at the Fiskington's house. I stood in the way of the runners so I could get good pictures like the one below.

The Elite Men's winner crushing it through the Fiskington's neighborhood.


Baby Fiskington offering some of his mum-mum (I thought it was pancake as that is what the rest of us were eating).


Our host BBQ-ing the pancakes.


Beth was concerned we'd run out of syrup so she put a warning on it.


And after all that fun we beat the rainstorm by hightailing it to my Aunt's house for lunch and bar snacks (some people call them hors d'oeuvres but not us). Aunt E and her girlfriend Sally were there, along with my cousins, my parents and my children. We ate well and [some of us] drank mimosas.

Jon and his mother-in-law (hi mom!) spanning time over lox and artichokes in Aunt E's backyard.

My cousin Emma has a penchant for decadent treats involving whipped cream. She also made a killer pasta and veggie stir fry so it balances out.

Our lunch hostesses looking very nice in blue fleece. I'm pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose but it isn't the first time this has happened (remember the orange shirt in Estes Park???). I think they are just on the same wavelength.

Comments