Skip to main content

Cat 2's Get Krausified

The boys came back last night at about 2 am, following a twelve hour drive back from the Tour of the Gila in Silver City, New Mexico. The big story on the final Gila Monster stage was Krause's crushing attack in the valley during the cat 2 race. He came back from 8 minutes behind on GC to win the overall. That plus two stage wins and four stage podiums makes a fabulous finish for Krause's cat 2 days, which are, of course, now over.

Jon said, once again, Chuck did a fabulous job of getting him to the front. This time for the Gila Monster climb - nose to the wind for over 10 k. Jon was happy with his result on the stage and feels his form is coming along well. He looks forward to Tour de Nez and the Nevada City Classic, as well as the local Morgul Bismark race over Memorial Day.

At breakfast this morning, we played chess. Once Jon (a National Chessmaster - in my defense) had my position so pinned down I couldn't move a piece without weakening it, I commented how futile it was playing him. Jon replied that now I knew how he felt when Levi Leipheimer attacked yesterday. He just couldn't go with him. Well, maybe. I have a feeling Jon and Levi are more closely matched bike racers than Jon and I are as chess players.

Comments