Skip to main content

Almost Nomad

Leah moved in to her college dorm last week. This weekend I clicked on the Leah link in this blog and reminisced about her wit, her chicken hat, and her willingness to choose her own path without bogging down on trifles like what other people think.  Go Leah!  We love you :)

This weekend we also moved out of our rental in downtown Chico and into a fifth wheel trailer. It is really cool and weird at the same time. We are only partially "on the way" as we are just staying at the Almond Tree RV Park here in Chico.  We still need to clean out the rental. I get a shiver of joy every time I remember that we are now able to tow all our possessions around with a truck. This kind of lightness has been a dream of mine for almost two decades.

Speaking of decades, I'll will complete my fourth one in a few weeks. In retrospect, this decision to hit the road seems too coincidentally timed with my big 4-0. Mid-life crisis? Is this the Cyndi equivalent of buying a Porsche? Everything just seems so momentous right now, like we are painting with really big brushes. It is good and scary at the same time.

The trailer is shaping up well.  We have all found little places for our work, and with three different data providers we are able to work from RV park as well as we did from our home office.  As a matter of fact, we no longer share a desk... I have my own office in the back of the trailer.  It even has a door.  

Axel has a big TV for playing his new favorite video game, "No Man's Sky," and does his school work at the kitchen table.  We have completed almost one week of home school and can you believe we had to start with two digit long division?  Ufft.  If I can teach that I feel that all things are possible.

Leah in front of her dorm room

Axel in the pool at Almond Tree

Jon's new office


My new office



Comments