Skip to main content

The Adventure Begins

The big adventure began this weekend. I learned on Friday that I get anxious watching Jon drive on busy city highways and narrow mountain roads. Remaining calm is a work in progress. 

Once we unhitched at the Santa Cruz Ranch RV Park, a sense of the reality of the situation sunk in on all of us. Axel found a giant pack of kiddos to run with all weekend long. Jon had to work a lot. And I had my good friend Jenny's disc golf tournament to go to: the inaugural DeLa Divas.

I got 2nd in Pro Masters( 2nd to first or 2nd to last depending on how you want to spin it). Lots of fun and one birdie. I got to play with Jenny the first round and shot +10. Also present was Candace from SF and her sweet man/caddy Nate.

Jenny talked Nate into applying her sunscreen (disc golfers do not like to get lotion on their hands). See picture for the giggles.

Seeing Jenny's family rally around the event was really cool. Mom Kathie ran the show at tournament central so Jenny could play, her dad was out taking photos of all the fun, and step-dad Larry shuttled players up to tournament central. Here is Larry in his chauffeur get-up:


I am so proud of Jenny and inspired by her and her family. Here is Jenny delivering the Day One Player's Meeting:

"Two meter rule is NOT in effect."

Now we are off to Redding for some daytime work and evening family time with my parents. Next weekend Jon and I go to the historic Mendocino Hotel to celebrate my 40th trip around the sun on this wild and crazy planet.

Comments