Skip to main content

A New Year and the Sky is Crying

It rained a lot in Santa Cruz, California and, apparently, everywhere else during the early days of 2017.  We spent many hours in the trailer at Santa Cruz Ranch RV park lamenting the lack of disc golf weather, the lack of Jenny Umstead (she went to NZ!), and the lack of KK and Lo (they moved to Chico!)



On January 2nd we went to the Boardwalk but the rides were closed.  Good thing the indoor mini golf was open!  Here is Axel hamming.  With the handicap, Axel won.  Fun course in which you play along a balcony and occasionally balls come flying down to the first floor.

We played a lot of poker thanks to Axel's Christmas present from Grandpa Frank (aka my dad).  We are bringing the chips to Mexico Dad... see you in February!

I did manage to find one of my Jennifers, my long-time pal Jen Dohl.  We met up for drinks at Seabright Brewery, a place that serves a pitcher of margaritas in a mug with a straw.  The pitcher did not get finished but I had to get something outrageous to compete with a previous meet up of ours:

(File photo of a meal Jen and I shared back in 2013)


On our last day in Santa Cruz the fam went out to the pier for cut-rate seafood and first-rate seagulls.  Our table held a photo contest in which the waitress judged Axel's pic the winner.  I don't have a copy of the winning photo so here is my entry instead.

Comments