Skip to main content

Bon Voyage 2016!

Dad picked Axel and I up at the Redding train station at 3am to get the California holiday underway. Back at my parent's house I tucked Axel back into bed (he had slept on the train) and then Dad and I stayed up until 4am having nightcaps and outlining our solutions for all the worlds problems.


The next day Axel got to help Grandma finish decorating the tree.


Then Axel and I made cookies,  A lot of cookies.  Here we are, apparently preparing for all the eating.


Aunt Muffie and Uncle Telpher visited while we stayed at my parent's house.  They gave Axel this kit where you grow a Christmas tree out of crystals!

Soon it was time to leave Redding and head down to Chico...


While in Chico, Leah and I went shopping at TJ Maxx.  Leah found this shirt.  We did not buy it but I did take a picture and text it to people who would appreciate it.


On the way out of Chico up to Nevada City there was a nice sunset on the Sutter Buttes.


We arrived in Nevada City and went on a Pokemon walk with Richard and Ben.  There was a Poke Gym at Old Republic Brewery so we ended up gravitating that direction.


Axel, Ben, and I baked a second round of cookies and surrounded the gingerbread train we had made up in Redding,


Grandma Margaret and Axel looking cute as can be.


On December 23rd a crew of us went to Coopers in downtown Nevada City.  We saw Emil, Jon's old skateboarding buddy, performing with his band.


Here are my niece and nephew, Jasmine and Robert.


On Christmas Eve we had a party in the garage,


There were group hugs and dancing.


Some cooking in full-effect on Christmas Day.


Some eating in full-effect on Christmas Day.


After Christmas dinner there were some family games.

We ended up staying in Nevada City through the New Year, which gave us time to meet with an insurance adjuster to go over the RV damage.  He said he thinks it is not totaled.  We will keep our fingers crossed.

Comments