Skip to main content

Day 3 - Top Ten at Crusher in the Tushar

 “I felt good at 10,000 feet, I’m not gonna lie,” Jonathan Baker said today after his top 10 finish in the pro men category at The Crusher in the Tushar. Peter Stetina won at course record time of 4:15.

I ran up to the finish, but this race was very exclusive. Even helpers wanting to give their racer water were not allowed. We reunited with Jon two miles down the hill where he tried to spend his beer ticket but could not without ID. I do wonder how many racers raced with their ID in their pocket. It was not really the grassroots, low-key vibe I was expecting from a gravel race.

Fun was had by all back down the hill in Beaver. In the hotel pool area we tossed the frisbee and has a mini-olympics including a water handstand race and a freestyle sprint. Afterwards we watched a Tour de France stage. Later we plan for early dinner out at race sponsor The Creamery (a cheese shop with a full service restaurant - sounds like a dream combo to me). We have to be back to the TV by 6pm mountain to watch the final of the Copa America- Argentina vs Brazil. Aka Messi vs Neymar. ¡Go Messi!

Photo I took of Jon just before being embarrassingly told to leave immediately.

The gate of the gatekeepers.


Jon eating his post race taco down the hill.

Where’s the beer?

Comments