Skip to main content

E-Trade Thinks I'm Funding Terrorists

I recently sold some stock and wanted to transfer the funds into a regular savings account at US Bank (which I am VERY happy with) .

After searching E-Trade's online options for transferring this money and finding none, I gave them a call. I was transferred to multiple layers of customer service from across the Atlantic and back again until finally reaching this creepy guy who says, "E-trade doesn't want you to have this account, we are closing it."

WTF? I say, "who says?" He says "they" just don't like this account and want it closed immediately. I ask to speak with "they" but he tells me I cannot.

Whatever, why they would like to lose a good customer? This is crazy.

Comments

BigChunkySoul said…
Is that their backwards way of saying "your money is no good here?"

VERY weird!

It's too bad that you're not an international terrorist. It would be fun to say I know one. :-)
Mimi said…
You know "they" are listening in to everything!