Skip to main content

Leah's Ode to Sunny

Leah wrote this in her room tonight on a piece of notebook paper and gave it to me:

Sunny,
You were born in the 1980's.
My mom says you were one of the best things to come out of that time.
You were so cute when you were a kitten and
you were also very soft (even when you were old) and
you were named Sunny because you looked like you were sun kissed.
You were the best cat I ever had and will meet.
You were so gentle and nice.
Sometimes you could be annoying but I still did love you no matter what you did.
Now you're passed away on 4/18/07.
It was sad yet happy...
the sad part was you dying,
the happy parts are that you saw your sister again and your suffering stopped.
So farewell Sunny, I will miss you.

Comments

BigChunkySoul said…
Sorry about the cat...I feel your pain, because mine died Monday. Leah wrote an awesome ode. She should do it for a living. :-)

XOXO,
Cyn
robbin said…
Okay, now I'm crying again. We sure do miss him. The attendant said he died purring. We got to come see him after the injection and he looked so peaceful. He will surely be missed.