Skip to main content

North Boulder Criterium

Early this morning I raced the women's cat 4 race at North Boulder Park. This race was cool for 3 reasons:

1.) I didn't get dropped
2.) I got 5th place
3.) It was a "mentoring" race

Sharon "The Hammer" Allpress and Renee "Sparkles" Eastman, Cat 1 racing gurus, were there to mentor our group. We did two neutral laps with Hammer and Sparky giving the pack pointers on how to take the technical corners. I truly feel that these neutral laps with sage advice kept our race crash-free and gave me the confidence to stick with the other girls in the corners.

I basically hung somewhere in the top 12 for the race and then sprinted for 5th at the finish. It was fun and so wonderful to not get dropped. Special thanks to Megan for the sideline advice each lap, Sparkles for reminding me to move up when it got easy, and the ACA for promoting women's racing with these mentor races.

Jon and Leah race this afternoon...

Comments

Mimi said…
Fabulous!