Skip to main content

Satan's Cesspool


Dad sent me this pic over the weekend. It is of the family and family friend Roger Clark going down Satan's Cesspool (class IV) on the American River in 1983.

I was telling our rafting guru neighbors, Dave and Toni, about the picture, how the photographers would take the pics then hang out where people put-in and try to sell the the photo. Except I said where people "put out" and Dave laughed at me and said rafters take out and put in, slutty people put out.

I'm the one in the blue and white hat, I was 6 years old.

Comments

robbin said…
Not one of my better choices as a mother. Rog and Dad said "Oh, the kids will be fine on a trip like this."
I want to enjoy this picture, as it was my 30th bd, but I have never been able to.
Any nightmares, Cyndi? My hope is you don't remember too much of it.
Laura Binegar said…
Incredible! No wonder you are such a bad ass!