Skip to main content

Day 6 - Surfing with Turtles

This morning I was able to leave work for 3 hours because of the long day yesterday. So what did I do? You guessed it. Went surfing. This time I went by myself, no lesson, just rented a board and hit the waves. There were so many turtles everywhere, I even rode a wave with a turtle. After I got back I could not stop grinning for about 2 hours. 

Later I went for a long beach walk. You can actually walk from North Kihei to Maalaea, 8km round trip, on the beach, unobstructed. I only did a little over 2km because I wasn’t wearing enough sunscreen.

After that I went for a sunset swim at Po’olenalena beach and regretted not bringing a towel. I thought to myself, no matter where I go I should always bring a towel just in case. Then I burst out laughing because that is rule number one in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

Later I walked down to the grocery store, see below:

What $45 worth of groceries looks like in Maui (stuff in background not included).


 

Comments

robbin said…
What a day! Amazing stuff right there. Turtles! I love that. Cost of groceries just the price of living in paradise. And pineapples and bananas are great prebiotics.