Skip to main content

Half Immunized

In the year since I last posted, a lot has happened. Then again there has been a lot of nothing happening, too. If future people wonder what 3/2020 to 3/2021 was like, they will probably be able to read whole books about it- so I needn’t catch people up here. But on a personal note, yesterday I received a vaccine (dose #1, Moderna). I have a card in my purse attesting to this fact. Maybe this card opens the world up.

World open or not, I am leaving for Maui on Wednesday. I will be there by myself for a month, working (remotely- starting at 5:30am), taking surf lessons, hiking around and eating purple sweet potatoes. Whenever I feel the urge to explain why a mom would abandon the family for a month, I try to suppress it. Let’s just say, at the intersection of “I really want to do this” and “I can easily do this” I find the question: “Why would I not do this?”

So, surf’s up. I hope to write about each day. My memory is not as sharp as it was when I began this blog fifteen years ago. It is fun to look back and remember so I owe it to myself to make more of that for future me.

Comments

chessracer said…
Enjoy the journey!
saucywench67 said…
And please post lots of pictures!
robbin said…
You go girl! Have some fun for all of us. XO