Skip to main content

Day 7 - Windy


Today was work from 5:30 am until 2 pm and then very windy. Stayed close to the condo, loafed by the pool (with everything tied down securely), read a paperback, and nursed the surfer rash I have on my legs and hands.

I did check out a restaurant: That’a a Wrap Cafe (just below the condo) and discovered they were more than wraps. As a matter of fact they had my favorite breakfast special, biscuits and gravy. The owner, Josh, said they serve it once a week so maybe sometime at breakfast I will get some. Tonight I ordered salad and pesto chicken gnocchi because I felt like having dinner food. Delicious sauce and perfect texture on the gnocchi. Such a large portion so it will also be lunch tomorrow. With the price of groceries around here, restaurant food that lasts for two meals is a great deal.

Tomorrow I am getting a surf lesson from a person I found on the interwebs. Now that I can catch my own waves and stand up it feels like I am ready for tons of new advice. So much to learn. Maybe the board I am using from this instructor won’t give me a rash? We’ll see. Maybe I need some swimming tights or something.

The B&G photo from That’s a Wrap’s insta.

That’s a Wrap’s pesto gnocchi special.


Comments

robbin said…
Mmmmm gnocchi. Nice to have a restaurant like that close by. A rash? Must be some rough boards! Glad you had some quiet down time though!