Skip to main content

Day 10 - Dawn Patrol


 Today I woke up in the dark and waited until there was enough light to hit the cove. Good thing I waited because apparently tiger sharks hunt turtles in the cove in the early morning. Never swim in murky ocean waters, there is an elevated shark risk.

I watched several sets from shore upon arrival and picked some reference points: this won’t make any sense but it was out and right of the black rock, lined up with Hi-Tech Surf Shop across the street. My goal was to get back to that spot each time and it worked pretty well. Except when 8am hit and the hordes arrived.

There were more turtles spotted than waves caught. The wind started at 7:30am (usually is starts at noon) and that put a damper on the surf. I can confirm, however, even a slow day surfing is still amazing.

After surfing I got to go down to Kamaole 2.5 and watch the band play. 2.5 is the grassy park between Kamaole 3 and Kamaole 2 - local speak. Here is a clip of the band: 



Comments

robbin said…
Nice way to end the day at 2.5. I love the way Hawaii simplifies life. And I have to say your surfing sounds like an adventure today; wind and turtles and sharks- oh my!