Skip to main content

Day 26 - Vitamin Sea

  Just when I thought the work Monday was going very smooth, at 4:30 mountain time I got roped into some after-hours work. What’s a girl to do? Take her laptop surfing. Okay, not on the board, but in the trunk. I paddled out for 45 minutes and then checked back in. Not the most relaxing way to play in the ocean, but better than no ocean at all.

The view from where I was sitting on the beach. The waves were basic today, but I did get in some fun rides. I was playing the Narrabeen Classic (surfing competition) on YouTube this morning. These waves were not like those waves. 

There were three young women out surfing with me, cheering each other on. They came here from Brooklyn on a work share program. Basically you volunteer to work on a farm for two months in exchange for room and board and surfing opportunities. They reported being very happy with their choice to work on a farm in Maui.


Speaking of work, here is me logging in to work from my car.  Not the highlight of the day, but the juxtaposition was funny.


I always wear my Apple Watch surfing and it tracks my heart rate. Here you can see how there were good waves for the first 45 minutes and then I stopped to work, which upset the surf mojo and turned the waves to not-very-rideable.

No more work, me want surf. Lots of people want to surf around here. In tonight’s yoga class, over half of us were surfers (a couple in their late 60s/early 70’s, three women in their 50’s, and me). Apparently my instructor just returned from a three month surf sabbatical to Mexico. Maybe this is a late pandemic trend?

Comments

robbin said…
Where there’s a will there’s a wave. Hah!
Pooks said…
Ha, good one Mom!
saucywench67 said…
Having so much fun following your adventure! Thanks for sharing!
Pooks said…
Thanks Anne! :)