Skip to main content

Day 21 - Doubling Down on the Disc Golf

 Today was work plus a little bit of disc golf. No surfing, maybe tomorrow or Friday. That SSW swell we had coming up from Australia seems to be petering out.

I played in another doubles disc golf tournament (random draw) and hung out with more friendly people. My partner, Charles, has only been playing since the start of the pandemic but wow is he good. Big backhand and sidearm. Accurate. Straight, solid, consistent putting. I’d say he was playing some 950 rated golf. Very young and lots of potential. We shot -5 but the winners were at least -10.

My partner Charles.

Russel (putting) and Jim (a fellow tourist). They were the other two people on our “card”. Mellow round for sure. Gummies may or may not have been consumed.

This morning’s breakfast/lunch from That’s a Wrap Cafe. Tamale rancheros. Gina makes the most delectable plates of food. I am very lucky to have her kitchen just a few steps from my door.

This little guy was so cute, and he had a friend, but they were very afraid of me. I am surprised I managed to catch this picture.



Comments

robbin said…
What yummy looking food and a boon it’s so close. It seems there are no strangers on a disc golf course. Party on.