Skip to main content

Day 19 - Swell Monday



 Today was a much more mellow work-Monday than last week. At lunch I went to Foodland and bought poke, seaweed salad, and fruit. Not too much poke this time- I have learned my lesson.

Speaking of lessons, every Monday I have a violin lesson with Jill Good, a performing violinist who lives on a boat in Massachusetts. She is a very good teacher but, man, do I have a lot to learn. I feel like that golden retriever trying to put two tennis balls in its mouth at once. I focus on one thing only to lose the other thing. Jill assures me if I just keep going it will all come together. I look forward to that.

I drove up the coast after work on the hunt for the swell and I found much more than I bargained for. Even the area with the smallest waves had monster sets coming through. Got wrecked a few times but did manage to climb up on one of them. I had to be so much farther back on the board. Tomorrow I am road tripping to some waves with my Craigslist surf instructor Christopher. I am hoping he can show me the way on the bigger waves.



The lunch is yummy round these parts.


Did I mention? I was able to schedule my second Moderna dose down here- the day I leave for Oahu. Here’s hoping the side effects are fun, like this ^^




Comments

robbin said…
I like what your violin instructor said. It’s sort of like a philosophy for your whole trip. If you “just keep going it will all come together.” It reminds me of this scripture:
Is. 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing (in your violin lessons)!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the ocean
and waves to surf. ;)
Ok ok. I exchanged some words! Hah! But I still believe that for you.
Love you.