Skip to main content

Day 11 - Easter Sunday


 Yes, there was surfing and it was fantastic. The Easter bunny brought me whales and turtles and lots and lots of waves. Some guy with possibly poor vision said, “you’re pretty good at this.” Maybe he didn’t see the many times I stood up only to promptly fall over. I was, however, able to ride a wave all the way back in when I was finished for the day. That was cool.

My nephew, Robert, is on shore leave in Honolulu later this month. I am very excited to say that he said I can come crash on his couch and hang out. He even said he will give me a tour of the submarine!!! 

So my 30 day trip was just extended to 34 as I will go visit Robert after leaving Maui. He even said he might want to learn to surf. His house is only 15 minutes from the best beginner beach in Oahu.

This is Robert, file photo from Facebook

That face you make after 3 hours of surfing.


Comments