Skip to main content

Day 14 - A Little Help

 Today I paddled around on my surf board with the turtles, worked, and bought gelato. Not many waves to catch and even fewer forecasted for the next week. Time for me to drive my board north to bigger waves.

While out trying to catch what waves I could, I gathered advice. “Paddle paddle paddle!” as the wave approaches and I do not catch it. “Put your arms out more straight when you paddle, your arms look like a windmill.” Finally an actual push onto a wave from a bystanding surf instructor. I guess once those instructors are in the water they just start teaching and giving pushes to whoever is floating nearby. Works for me! Getting my arms straight when I paddle really did make me faster. 

Tomorrow I am renting a bicycle and am going on a ride. I considered trespassing on Oprah’s road (4 miles instead of 30 miles from Kihei to the upcountry highway) but I think I might not enjoy myself as much if I am trespassing. Torn. Either way, some sort of bike ride will be happening.

Comments